October 9th & 10th saw the 1st Guiri Business Jobs Con & Expo at the Valkiria Hub Space in Barcelona. Overall, we felt that it was a very valuable experience for our community and helped us build bridges with many of our members, recruiters, business associations, business suppliers and local city officials, that want to further progress local international business in Barcelona and beyond. We like to thank all of Guiri Business LinkedIn Group members that attended the event.
Event After Video from our contributing Video Team, LukiMedia:
- The event had 600+ registrations and over 250 people attended this two day event.
- Jordi William Carnes, CEO of Barcelona Tourism Board was our keynote and spoke about leveraging tourism to improve local business opportunities – view his presentation here.
- Josep Pique, President of La Salle Technova opened our first day speaking about building our local international community.
— Josep M. Pique (@JosepMPique) October 9, 2015
- There was a Social Media Panel with presention by Brian Heinen, Business Spanish Class, Recruiters Panel, Coding presentation, “Pitch” Presentation, Networking Panel and much more was chaired by Esther Jones of Barcelona Metropolitan and moderated by Willem Van Oort.
- Ted Video we highlighted: “Taiye Selasi: Don’t ask where I’m from, ask where I’m a local” Guiri Business Identity Topic
- The networking drink was on Friday afternoon Lavazza sponsored the coffee and Catalunya Wine brought us quality wine, both for discounted prices.
- View more about our After Event Survey Here
- Our Lavazza Espresso Machine for completing our after event survey was awarded to Marta Zuazua
This event could not have been possible without the following support (Click images for more info):